QUALIFICATIONS FOR RENTAL
Prior to Showing a Property
1. We ask all prospects for rental the same questions to determine their ability to qualify for a rental property PRIOR TO SHOWING A PROPERTY. If a prospect does not meet our basic income requirements of three times the monthly rent in total household income which can be verified and / or their move-in date is not within four weeks, we will decline to expend the time, expense and risk exposure to show the property.
2. We DO NOT decline showing any property at any time to anyone based on religion, race, color, national origin, handicap/disability, familial status or sex.
3. We will ask how many adults will be living in the home. If the prospect's answer is more than two adults who are not domestic partners or family members, the prospect may be informed that a larger Security Deposit may be required because of the risk of "room mates" moving out and the remaining leasees cannot pay the rent. It is very important that room mates understand that each individual room mate is responsible for the rent. If some room mates cannot pay their share, each individual room mate will be held responsible for the rent or all room mates could face eviction.
4. If the prospect states they have pets, we will ask what kind of pets and how many.
We will refuse to rent any property to anyone if they own dog(s) that are vicious in nature or considered to be a vicious breed. Non-refundable pet fee of $250.00 is required to cover the risk of additional damage to the property.
The Rental Process
1. Inspect the property and make a decision as to whether you are
committed to renting that home.
2. Submit a Rental Application on-line at our web site: Click Here
We need an Application for each adult who will be living in the
home. Applications are SSL encryted when submitted and the
information is protected.
3. We can usually process Applications within 24 hours.
4. We will conduct a background and possibly a credit check, as well as
call previous landlords. We will verify the landlord's contact
information through other sources.
5. When Applications are approved, the applicant(s) will be contacted
to set an appointment to meet at the property.
a. If the move-in date is within four weeks, we will execute a
Move-in Commitment Letter with a deposit in the amount of the
Security Deposit. If the applicant(s) fail to execute a Lease and
take possession of the property prior to the end of the four
week period, the deposit will be forfeited. Upon the timely
execution of the Lease, the deposit will be re-classified as the
Security Deposit as described in Florida Statute Chapter 83.49.
b. Move-ins usually take about an hour. All Lease documents are
carefully reviewed and signed by all parties. All monies due are
payable in cash, cashier's check or money order. Future rent
payments can be made by personal check. We will conduct a
Move-in Inspection of the property and note any descrepancies
that the tenant will not be held responsible for.
1. The amount of Security Deposits will vary based on the property
and our risk exposure. Absolutley no consideration is given to the
amount of Security Deposits based on religion, race, color, national
origin, handicap/disability, familial status or sex.
2. Security Deposits are administered under F.S. Chapter 83.49. Full
disclosure in accordance with Florida law is provided in a Security
Deposit Addendum attached to the Lease.